Wednesday 29 August 2012

Oopsie! PD says baby's a little too yellow!

Mummies do take note if your baby looks too yellow.
I quote the PD,"Babies should look PINK in the cheeks, not yellow!"

To me, I didn't notice as I'm pretty yellow myself. Oops! Bad mummy!
PD highlighted that he probably has too much food high in carotenes continuously.
So we were instructed to stay off them for 2 weeks.

Anyway, I relooked his diet the past 2 weeks and realised that my helper has been serving orange vege on a daily basis! No wonder! *piak forehead*
Pumpkins, sweet potatoes and the main culprits (HIS FAVE!).
And... we've totally forgotten then brocolli and spinach has the same effect! (Again, HIS FAVE!)

So poor boy has to cut off his fave veges for 2 weeks. Oh well. Time to explore new veges for him.
We are sticking to potatoes, zucchini, old cucumber and the colourless veges for now.
Thankfully, he is a trooper and slurps up his food.

And pumpkin, sweet potatoes... are going into my porridge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Broccoli and spinach are his main vege so far! Do they cause yellowing as well?? Guess I need to look for alternative vege... can they take other vege like kai lan, xiao bai chye etc? (btw, my baby is 1 yr old)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They do cause yellowing and PD struck them off the chart she gave us.
    For 1yo can give other green leafy vege.

    ReplyDelete